Tuesday, June 14, 2016

SharePoint 2016 on Windows 2012 R2

Finally, I am managed to build and configure the SharePoint 2016 on new shining Windows 2012 R2  with all the best practices like creating the managed account,Service account and AD Security group to configure the SharePoint 2016 Service application.

I have encountered so many issues while configuring the Windows 2012 R2, First I configured the AD CS (certificate  Server) without AD DS. I am not able to install the SP 2016 without AD.

I don't want to go for fresh installation instead , learn how to remove the AD CS through PowerShell Command.

While Installing the prerequisites ,I encountered the error that says I must have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, I tried to installing the stand alone installer on my server OS Windows 2012 R2. Standalone installer for .NET framework won't work in Windows 2012 R2,then I go with adding new feature option through "Configure your Local Server" panel.

On installing the Visual Studio 2015, on first there was a error that I must have the .net framework 4.5.6.1 Developer Pack.
Upon searching this, I found the solution , restart the server and try the installation. It works like charm.

Here I am going to explore the new possibilities and features on SharePoint 2016.