Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Failed to initiate the upgrade sequence

Failed to initiate the upgrade sequence

System.TypeLoadException was thrown.Additional exception information:Method 'Upgrade' in type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.workflowservices.workflow ServiceApplicationproxy' from assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices,Version=15.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' does not have an implementation.



Reason:

I am using the Windows 2008 R2 and SharePoint 2013 and also windows updates are automatically enabled.
SharePoint 2013 related updates and security updates are enabled on the server. After all the KBs are installed, When I am trying to run SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard, the error was thrown.

Upon searching the forums and technet article, SharePoint 2013 SP1 related updates also being part of my windows updates.

So I cannot role back all my SharePoint related updates, So decided to update the SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2013 SP1.
Download the SP1 for SharePoint 2013 from this link

Service Pack 1 for SharePoint 2013

All my previous  incorrect updates are taken care by this download.
Now I am able to run the PSConfig successfully without any error.